THE HOLE

THE HOLE . . . . . .

Friday 11/04/11 the first night my son spent at the jail they stuck him in the hole to prevent him from killing himself.


The hole is about 10x10 and there's a mattress with a blanket and a toilet that doesn't work and no toilet paper. Wolfe asked for toilet paper but they just ignored him. The threw him in their naked and that's how he stayed for 24 hours. When he got out he told the guard that if that's how they keep people from killing themselves it's not going to work. And the guard said that that's how they do it there.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Transfers, The Hole, UnSuicide Watch and Waiting

Now I wait. . for that phone call . . He called yesterday but it was early in the day and since then, nothing.
I had to call his dad yesterday and tell him to go visit Wolfe. At least he would get an hour out of the hole. He said he would and he did today.
Yesterday, as I was talking to Michael Todd in the Medical department where they're holding Wolfe,.. he mentioned how it was strange he was there for so long. 2 months is a long time in holding. And I agreed. He said they tried to call the US Marshal and never got ahold of anyone..well, I know they don't try very hard.So I mentioned that maybe I would call the US Marshal and he thought it was a good idea.
I called and was told to hold on for a moment, which turned into 23 minutes. So I called back and was transferred  few times. And finally got this guy Eric Thompson and he looked and said he didn't have a destination yet and yes it was strange that he didn't and that Wolfe was in there a long time. And then he saw a 'medical alert' from the day before and said that might hold up the transfer. And so I called Michael back and told him the conversation and gave him Eric's info and he called.. and left a message on Eric's answering machine. I only know that because Wolfe was able to call me and Michael was in the hall and told him he left a message. . but he really needed to call this guy back. . but messages seem to disappear in that place.
I got a visit on Sunday late.. at least he'll get an hour out of the hole.
and I'm still waiting for that phone call today. He's really scared. He told his dad that he may have to go to Medical instead of back to his pod. He's afraid of getting good time taken away. So his world is full of questions and he's just scared shitless.  He's only 22 and this is NOT the kind of place that he does well in.
8:31. . he has until about 11:15 to call before lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment