THE HOLE

THE HOLE . . . . . .

Friday 11/04/11 the first night my son spent at the jail they stuck him in the hole to prevent him from killing himself.


The hole is about 10x10 and there's a mattress with a blanket and a toilet that doesn't work and no toilet paper. Wolfe asked for toilet paper but they just ignored him. The threw him in their naked and that's how he stayed for 24 hours. When he got out he told the guard that if that's how they keep people from killing themselves it's not going to work. And the guard said that that's how they do it there.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Kung Fu

Martial arts.. so much of other's lives. Not in jail. The fat guards don't want you to practice any kind of martial art and if they find you doing that you'll go to the hole.

Wolfe's Kung Fu is something he loves. I understand it.. I'm into Tai Chi which is the 2nd part of the school we used to attend together. He tells me he's losing his Kung Fu. As those of you who practice martial arts know that hours and hours of practice a week are needed to just sustain what you've learned. He practices sometimes in the dark corner and watches out for the guards but is scared. He's met others who watch him practice a few things and tell him that they're martial artists as well but don't practice just because of that.

He cries about it every night when he calls. I finally wrote a letter to his teacher today and will send it out in tomorrow's mail. He hasn't been to class since this started so his teacher has no idea what's going on. I'm hoping he'll write Wolfe, maybe give him a few 'stress exercises' . You can't write that it's a martial art or the letter will go in the trash and Wolfe will go to the hole. Or even just a note of encouragement would mean so much.. so we'll see what happens.

I've sent out some packets to different Innocence Projects and now I'm doing Senators. Just the liberal ones of course. and Wolfe still tells me I need to get him out now. . and my heart just breaks every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment