THE HOLE

THE HOLE . . . . . .

Friday 11/04/11 the first night my son spent at the jail they stuck him in the hole to prevent him from killing himself.


The hole is about 10x10 and there's a mattress with a blanket and a toilet that doesn't work and no toilet paper. Wolfe asked for toilet paper but they just ignored him. The threw him in their naked and that's how he stayed for 24 hours. When he got out he told the guard that if that's how they keep people from killing themselves it's not going to work. And the guard said that that's how they do it there.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Letter to my son

I wrote a letter to my son yesterday. But then we spoke and I had to tell him that the 'dream' of getting out and coming home now is not something I can do. His mind is having a hard time with that and in the end insists I keep trying.. which of course, I am. Think outside the box he tells me.. and I do.  .but I can't find anything yet. 

Dear W***

I can’t get you out. I know you want me to but I can’t. The only option would be to petition the court and then they would up charges and go to trial. Your attorney was a bit upset when I was looking into the petitioning.
Your sister mentioned about a drug rehab but you would have had to have had a drug abuse record and you don’t. The bit of pot they found is just not enough.

I’ve hired a Prison consultant and their job is to get you into the best place. I guess their info says it best so I’ve copied it here.
***
First and foremost, in concert with counsel we do everything in our power to prevent our clients from ever seeing the inside of a federal prison. However, in those cases where a prison term cannot be avoided, we make sure that our clients serve their sentence at the best facility given their individual needs, while at the same time providing the greatest opportunity for early release.

Clients are provided with accurate, up-to-date, real world information regarding the entire judicial process including federal incarceration (from a defendant’s point of view). Patrick counts his greatest attribute as having personally experienced every aspect of the federal criminal justice system - from indictment, trial and sentencing through incarceration, supervised release, and the rebuilding of life after a period of incarceration.
***

I’m always afraid to bring it up on the phone. I know you don’t want to hear it. It’s not that I’ve even given up. I spend hours a day contacting and searching for more answers.

These guys might be able to get you into a camp instead of prison and maybe get the sentenced reduced more. They know what they’re doing.

We’re in a bad spot and it just stresses me to even think to tell you that you’ll have to tough it out. The guy Ray says a transfer can take a couple of weeks to a month. Maybe they can get it done quicker. They’re starting on it tomorrow.. It’s 7:00pm right now so they can’t today.

I know you want the truth, even tho it’s unfair . But I’ve never known you to want a phoney answer. You’ve always wanted the truth. It sucks where you are but this will be the worse place you’ll ever be and with a little help from Ray it should get a lot better soon. We’ve made it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment