THE HOLE

THE HOLE . . . . . .

Friday 11/04/11 the first night my son spent at the jail they stuck him in the hole to prevent him from killing himself.


The hole is about 10x10 and there's a mattress with a blanket and a toilet that doesn't work and no toilet paper. Wolfe asked for toilet paper but they just ignored him. The threw him in their naked and that's how he stayed for 24 hours. When he got out he told the guard that if that's how they keep people from killing themselves it's not going to work. And the guard said that that's how they do it there.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cards in Spanish

Wolfe calls me at least twice a day. He always asks me if I've heard anything from anyone I've written to.. not yet I tell him. His sister is going to visit him tonight. It takes me 8 hours to do the drive, 1 hour visit and drive home so Wolfe has decided that the time is better spent writing letters, etc. Which I do. And read up on stuff that might help. . I'm learning a lot.
I'm glad he gets along really well with Face, his bunkmate. He's learning to speak Spanish, which could be very helpful in there. So he's learning while they play cards.. so now he can play poker in  Spanish. One of the guys at the table today started spouting off how the white people were the ones who started America and went on and on. . people were getting a little pissed off but they all kept their cool. I guess he's my age and started talking about Viet Nam . I think he's a 'good old boy'. Wolfe said that sometimes they'll put someone in there with them to list and rat. If they can get something on another inmate and rat on them they have a chance of getting out.
I remember, and Wolfe reminded me, that when he went in they gave him a list of things, like selling drugs, owning  firearms, etc  and if he knows anyone who's doing something illegal he should let them know and maybe it would get him shorter time. But I'd hate to be in there and be labeled a rat. I guess these guys figure if they tell on enough people they'll get to go free, which is what happens too often.

Sent out some 'Wolfe Packs' today. 1 to Tony Morello who is singer for Rage Against the Machine. He's really getting into the politics of things and has a website called AxisOfJustice. Smart dude.. so I sent him a pack. Also 1 to Mario Cuomo's son.. I've always like that guy, maybe he'll run for President (we all wish).
And 1 to Ed Shultz.. see my other Blog about him and the Sandusky crap that's going on now. Whenever some big guy gets caught as a sex offender our country goes more crazy to put eveyone in jail. It just blinds everyone with rage and 'have to do something quick to save my kid' BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment